Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Abandoned houses that once were homes

Isn't it funny how certain childhood memories shape you?

As a young girl some of my most memorable Sundays were the country drives that led us to abandon houses.

My sister, parents and I would hop in the old woody wagon with a picnic lunch and head off on the back roads. I remember the feeling of mystery and excitement I felt walking through the once loved homes that for reasons only the past can reveal had been left in shambles.

Finding bird nests above aged but beautiful door frames, antique light fixtures hanging buy deteriorated crumpled electrical wire, old staircases leading to dilapidated second stories.

We would envision how our lives would be if we had lived there, even to the point of my sister and I arguing over who would get the best bedroom.  Placing imaginary furniture and window coverings in hopes of making it a stunning home once again.

Creating a home is a personal journey and my motto now and has always been
if you love it...it is great design.


 
Can't you totally see an amazing breakfast nook in this space?
{lorilangille}
 
{jaimiefailling}
 
I'm sure this was once stunning
{missmolly72}

{negativelyoptimistic}

{negativelyoptimistic}

{realestatetwincities}

{tevami}

This reminds me of the house from Pippi Longstocking
{godogo}



CCS signature crop


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...